Trauma Informed Care or trauma informed practices may be new terms for many educators. We are aware of the presence of trauma in students' lives, but we are not sure how we can help? This course is designed to share "how to" set up a classroom that uses best practices in de escalation and coaching students in crisis.
What you will learn in this course:
- Overview of ACES - the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
- Difference between learning brain and survival brain
- How to teach self-regulation skills
- How to set up a de-escalation space
- Many simple, yet effective, strategies to create a trauma sensitive classroom
Contact Amie for Bulk Pricing, Custom Webinars, or in person PD – www.behaviorqueen.com/contact/